What is the 12 Week Challenge?
The 12 Week Challenge is basically for mums who want that extra bit of motivation and accountability. It consists of following three conventional 28 Day Challenges, but for those taking part, they will pledge their 12 week goal, and along with receiving a free 12 Week Challenge Tool kit ebook, they’ll also get the chance to win a share of $30,000 in Cash and Prizes! They’ll also have access to a 12 week Private Support Group on Facebook to chat with other mums taking part in the 12 Week Challenge and get regular support emails.
You’ll find all the links you need to join and make your Pledge below, and today we are also introducing our incredible 12 week Challenge Motivating Mums!
Meet your 12 Week Challenge Motivating Mums!
These incredible women will be on hand in the 12 Week Challenge Support Group to encourage, support and motivate you to smash your health and weight loss goals! These mums are also taking part in the 12 week challenge themselves and will be with you every step of the way. Meet these mums and find out their goals for the first month of the challenge!
Meet Elyse Lavern
Elyse Larven from Coffs Harbour is a 34 mum of 4 aged 14, 12, 8 and 6 Coffs Harbour. She has lost a whopping 42 kilos following The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Elyse’ Goals for the First 4 weeks of the 12 Week Challenge
“For the 12 week challenge, my goals are simple this time around – keep going! As I have hit my weight loss goals, I must get creative with how I keep motivated so I have come up with:”
• Keep training 6 days a week but listen to my body if I need to rest.
• Snack prep for myself not just the kids
• Follow my set meal plan for dinners
• Keep building strength and defining my body
• Try 1 new exercise program a Month
Elyse 3 tips for anyone starting out
- Set your main goal then set small goals to hit along the way this keeps you motivated to keep going.
- Don’t over complicate it yes the meal plans have so many amazing meals every week but you don’t have to make them all you can double-triple etc. for the week and add those others to your favs to try later. If you are on a budget find the meats/veggies that suit your budget this will not stop your progress stress will.
- Enjoy this journey its going to test you big time you will have ups and downs, but its how you get through the downs is what matters the most.
Meet Gina Gordon
Gina Gordon is 42 and lives in Geeveston Tasmania. She’s mum to three children aged 19, 17 and 8.
Gina has lost 25kg with The Healthy Mummy over two years and has gone from being 93kgs and busting out of size 18 clothing to now weighing 68kgs and comfortably wearing size 14 even a few size 12’s.
“I’ve now been maintaining this loss for the last four months. I’ve been doing the 28DC’s consistently for 16 months. During this time my general well-being has improved, I feel happier and stronger mentally and physically.”
Gina’s Goals for May
- Stick to a weekly plan of good food, exercise and selfcare
- Complete two park runs, something I’ve never done
- Use THM nourishing night cream every night
- Try at least 4 new HM recipes
- Lose 1 kg
Gina’s 3 tips for mum’s starting out
- Have a weekly plan that includes your good food, exercise and self care
- Do an exercise that you enjoy, my favourite is walking and listening to music
- To be kind to yourself and to not give up when a day doesn’t go to plan.
Meet Randa Jade
Mum of three Miranda (aka Randa Jaide) is 39 from Brisbane in Queensland. In two years since joining the Healthy Mummy she has lost 35 kilos and dropped 5 dress sizes! Randa admits that she never really had a goal weight in mind.
“I just wanted to be fit and healthy, this has helped me immensely as I never felt like I’ve failed because I didn’t reach a certain number, and as I continued to get fitter and healthier, the happier I was within myself. I also managed to get off blood pressure medication and now require very few psychology appointments.”
Randa’s 3 tips to anyone starting out is to:
- Start with small achievable goals
- Only change a few things at a time, making too many changes to your lifestyle all at once can become overwhelming
- Reach out for help, support can go a long way and keep you accountable
“Remember you are doing this for life, and it’s not a race. Let’s smash May and the beginning of the 12 week challenge together”
Meet Shanyn Gray
Shanyn is 35 with 2 children aged 5 and 7 and lives in Ipswich, QLD.
Previously, Shanyn lost 35kg with the Healthy Mummy but has gained some of that back and is determined to lose it again.
“I want to feel healthy and happy again. I want more energy for my kids. I want to set a good example for my children.”
Shanyn Goals for May
- Stay consistent by eating using Healthy Mummy meals and smoothies,
- Drink 2-3L of water a day,
- Consistently exercise
Shanyn’s 3 tips for mums getting started
- Make little changes at a time – Sometimes when you are new to the program it can seem overwhelming
- When you feel hungry, have a big drink of water, you are probably thirsty rather than hungry
- Take the photos – Sometimes the scales don’t change but you certainly do!
Meet Emily Veles
Even though Mum of 2 Emily from Darwin had already lost 11 kilos, she felt she needed more help so signed up for The Healthy Mummy . Since joining 7 months ago, she has lost 25 kgs and more than 68 cams from all over her body!
Emily shares “It’s not just about what you lose but what you GAIN! I’ve gained my confidence, self respect and best of all the ability to keep up with my little boy!”
Emily’s Top Tips for the first month
- PREP YOUR SNACKS! I know that snacking is my weakness and it’s a slippery slope to old habits. Having some yummy but HEALTHY HM snacks around is key. My fave snack recipe is the Hidden Veggie Sausage Rolls – they’re great to make in bulk and they’re full of veggies!
- CREATE YOUR MEAL PLAN AND STICK TO IT! Having a meal plan leaves no wiggle room for mistakes! It’s the best way to prevent falling off the wagon! My fave HM meal is the Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Ravioli with the mushrooms substituted with peas – it’s a family fave!
- REMEMBER YOU’RE ONLY HUMAN! No one is on that wagon 100% of their journey! We’re MUMS we have bad days, we get exhausted, so when you opt for a naughty meal or a good nap instead of exercise remember that it’s OKAY. Mistakes happen, and you just need to move past it and hit refresh the next day. Your CHOICE to realise it’s okay to make these mistakes but to keep going is what will get you back on the wagon!
Meet Nic Taitua
Mum of three Nic is 39 from Melbourne and previously lost 60 kilos in 18 months with the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. After Covid hit, Nic admits to losing herself and regained 30 kilos. But now, she is more than ready to get rid of that weight again.
Nic’s Goals for the first month
- Get back into a great mindset.
- Follow my meal plan
- Book in my classes and attend.
- Water water water. With the cold weather upon us, I struggle to get my intake so will be a huge focus. It’s a huge factor in my losing weight.
- Get my head back into my running.
- This first month is all about mindset for me. Anything that follows that is a bonus.
Nic’s 3 Tips for getting started and staying on track
- Start small. If you go big too quick then you will not keep at it. Small goals, small changes. You don’t need to stop everything at once. It’s hard, be easy on yourself.
- If you feel like giving up, remind yourself why you’re doing it. Go back to the basics. If you feel you have had a no so good day, just move on. Don’t dwell on it, you can’t change what has happened but you can change what you do next.
- We all come into this journey with a number in mind, a purpose of weight loss. Little do we realise how huge the mental part of this journey is and how much it can affect what we do. Take the time to work on that also. Being healthy is not just physically.
“Remind yourself often how amazing you are. A motivation board is a great tool. Look at it every morning as you start your day.”
Meet Kirsty Whitehead
Kirsty Whitehead from the southern suburbs of Adelaide is mum to four children and has a bonus child, aged 23,16, 13, 5 and 3.
Kirsty has been with the Healthy Mummy for over 5 years and initilay lost 40 kilos. She admits that she lost her way back on 20 of those 40 kilos. Last year, Kirsty found her way back to The Healthy Mummy and in the last 3 months has lost 11 kilos along with her physical health has started to really focus on her mental health.
“I am fully focused and committed to the next 28 days as I turn 40 this year and am having a costume party. My costume doesn’t fit me as yet, but I am determined to fit into it by August, so to do so I am committed to making some real changes and having the thinking taken out of it by following the 28 day weight loss challenge for May.”
- My goals for May is to focus on 3 areas of my health. The first is my mental health and being mindful to help reduce the anxiety and stress I carry with having 3 special needs children, so meditating daily with the Healthy Mummy app, writing in my mindful journal daily and the to exercise minimum 4 times a week.
- The exercise is also linked to the 2nd goal in improving my body’s fitness
- I really want to use the Healthy Mummy App to its fullest potential. I have been guilty of dabbling with the app, but lately I can really see just how useful and personal the app really is and I feel that focusing on these 3 areas will lose 5 kilos by the end of May or at the very least a whole bunch of cms.
Kirsty’s Tips to Smash your goals!
- Take it one step at a time, it can seem completely overwhelming when beginning or re-begining, but by focusing one some small changes it can be less daunting and easier to maintain those changes.
- You will stumble, stumbling is ok, that stumble maybe just for one day or a continuous cycle of stumbles, don’t give up, go back to basics and remember food is just fuel for your body, there is no need to feel bad or punish yourself because you stumbled.
- Remember you are important!! As an individual you are worthy of self love, take time out just for you to recharge. It doesn’t have to be long… just 5 minutes to regroup, just remember you are important.
Meet Tiarne Straatman
Tiarne from Gippsland is 25 years and has 3 children aged 7, 5 and 9 months. During her first 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge in March this year she lost 7 kilos, 10 cms off her waist and 6 cms off her thighs
“I am doing the Healthy Mummy not as a challenge but as a lifestyle shift, it provides me with routine, a flexible eating plan that can easily include everything life throws at you and is something the whole family can be involved in. I want to be the best version of myself!”
Tiana’s May Goals
- 2lts or more of water each day
- 5 x 30minutes of app workouts per week
- Prep on Sunday’s.
- Bump my 7kg loss up to a total of 10kg
Tiana’s 3 Tips for Success
- Don’t overwhelm yourself, pick one or two things to swap at a time. For me, I increased my water intake and moved my body every day – even if moving my body was just doing 10 squats whilst the kettle boiled or my smoothie was blending!
- Prep can be overwhelming, I wish I had two hours to smash out the incredible prep I see so many mums do, but right now it’s not how I want to spend my time. BUT I still prep! On Sundays I pick two or three snacks that we will eat for the following week and make them (you don’t need a different snack everyday keep it simple).
- When you’re cooking dinner at night do one of two things – either make an extra serve or two of dinner to add to your freezer stash or to eat for lunch the next day. OR if you have the ability cook two meals whilst you’re already in the kitchen cooking, one for dinner and one that can be divided up for a week of lunches or dinner for the family the next night.
Meet Tegan Dennis
Tegan is a mum of 3, a 9 year old boy with special needs, a 6 year old girl and and almost 4 year old little boy.
Tegan has been using Healthy Mummy products for over 10 years and a member of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge since 2014.
“After the birth of my daughter I lost over 30kg but over the years most of that has managed to find me again. Life got in the way. I’m ready to find “me” again and smash some goals.”
Tegan’s Goal for the month
“I would love to lose at least 5kg in May.”
Tegan’s 3 tips for mums getting started?
- Remember your why.
- Know that time passes anyway, you control how you use it.
- The only person that can change things for you – is you.
You see ladies! You are in amazing hands with our fantastic motivating mums for the first month of the 12 Week Challenge!
There’s still chance to join if you haven’t already!
NON Healthy Mummy members
If you are NOT a Healthy Mummy App Member go HERE to take part
CURRENT Healthy Mummy members
If you ARE a current Healthy Mummy App member go HERE to take part.
Click the Black Join Now button on this page and use the code VIPMEMBER to join for FREE!