Lina Adams says she had some health issues a couple of years ago, after the birth of her second son, which caused her to put on a lot of weight.
The Melbourne-based mum reveals she felt tired all the time, and after a friend lost weight through the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, she decided to also sign up.
“My original weight was 82.8 kg and size 14. In the first two months I lost 10 kg but has slowed a bit since then because of the Christmas and Easter break,” she says.
“My weight is now is 64.8 kg and size 10 or 8 (some brands I could fit in with size 6). So far I’ve been on the program for a total of 6 months.”
Luckily for Lina, 37, she had an exercise buddy in her friend. She’s also a big fan of The Healthy Mummy Smoothies.
“It started with walking on the weekend and doing Dance Cardio from the Healthy Mummy app. I replaced my breakfast and lunch with the Healthy Mummy smoothies,” she says.
“Dairy products don’t really agree with my body so it was great to find that the smoothie don’t contain any milk powder like many others on the market and I love the taste too, it’s so yummy.
“My favourite flavours are original vanilla and chocolate. My favourite recipe from the Healthy Mummy app are Mocha Wake Up Protein Smoothie and Green Booster Smoothie.”
What Lina eats from the Healthy Mummy app
For Lina, it’s all about variety and she LOVES that there are heaps of recipes on the Healthy Mummy app.
“The thing that I’ve realised that I was doing so wrong was portion control. It took a little while to get used to the smaller meals but the reality is that you don’t need more what is recommended,” she says.
“For snacks, I make the bliss balls from the recipe on the app and I also occasionally have the Healthy Mummy Double Chocolate snack bar.
“If I still feel hungry I have Control X in between meals. I also make sure I drink 2-3 litres of water everyday.”
When it comes to exercise, Lina always make sure she has done her daily steps.
“I also doing Booty Band Workouts, Dance Cardio and Fit programs all of which I get from the app,” she says.
“I felt my energy levels have increased and I have energy to chase my boys around. My general wellbeing has improved and I feel much happier with life.”
Lina’s tips for success
- Do not give up if you have bad day. It’s important to get back into the program as soon as possible and not let a bad meal snowball.
- Have a smoothie to snack to curb cravings. When you are feeling like you want to eat something naughty I find that I just try to have my smoothie early or have a healthy snack because the longer I think about making bad choice the more likely I am to do it.
Are you ready to join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge ?
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!