A gorgeous radicchio salad recipe made with avocado, apple, crumbled blue cheese, and toasted walnuts.
Radicchio Salad Recipe.
Radicchio might not be your go-to salad base but it’s absolutely worth adding to your rotation. It has a naturally spicy, slightly bitter flavor that pairs really well with sweet apple, and cool, creamy avocado. The balance is lovely. Add savory blue cheese for richness and toasted walnuts for warmth. And you’ve got a killer salad with so much flavor and texture. It doesn’t hurt that radicchio is the prettiest ruby red either.
Because all of these ingredients are so flavorful on their own. I keep the salad dressing simple with a balsamic vinaigrette made with balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Perfect.
Radicchio With Apple, Blue Cheese, and Avocado
A beautiful radicchio salad made with chopped radicchio, avocado, apple, crumbled blue cheese, and toasted walnuts. Dressed in balsamic vinaigrette.
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- One tsp dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 head radicchio halved, cored, and cut into bite-size pieces (5 to 6 cups)
- One apple halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add the radicchio and toss.
- Add the apple, avocado, blue cheese, and walnuts, and toss to combine. Season with more salt and pepper to taste (if desired). Serve.
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 413mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 166IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 1mg